Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Mechanic/Fabricator to help the company drive positive growth in our Shop Department. This role is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Please contact Preston Rex, Service Manager for further details.
- All types of welding, fabrication, repairing brakes, tires, electrical and suspension work for construction type semi-trailers such as flatbeds, lowboys, end dumps, van trailers.
- Moving and power washing trailers and driving a forklift
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related industry, automotive/truck
- ASE or industry certifications helpful
- Valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation
- Own set of hand tools a MUST
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate too loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
Salary: DOE + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, FSA/HSA, Employee Discounts