Fabricator - Apply today!
Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Welder Fabricator. As part of our team, you will construct and manufacture metal parts and products, taking particular care to produce clean welds. You will follow blue prints, determine material measurements, and take responsibility for fabricating parts used later in the assembly process. You will be responsible for the quality for the output, so you must be able to perform a simple test to ensure weld quality and tolerance.
This role is based in Grant Pass, Oregon.
- Fabricate and manufacture metal parts for later assembly.
- Aluminum TIG/MIG welding.
- Steel MIG welding.
- Follow blue prints to ensure exact specifications of output.
- Produce strong clean welds.
- Test output to ensure strength and tolerance welds.
- Prior experience in Aluminum welding, preferable in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with common welding tools and procedures, including MIG welding, metal fabricating, grinding and finishing metals.
- Own set of hand tools.
- Ability to stand, crouch and occasionally lift heavy equipment.
- Blueprint reading and knowledge of common welding symbols.
- Aluminum Welding proficiency preferred.
- Proven ability in automotive type painting is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate too loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefit package to include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Employee discounts, FSA/HSA, Supplemental benefits, Holidays, Vacation and Sick pay.