Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, Michigan and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
We are currently seeking a full time Data Engineer with strong analytical and analysis skills. This position is for our Corporate office. Due to Covid-19 this position will be working remote temporarily.
This is a high impact senior level role that is accountable for:
- Leads the strategy, planning and engineering of company data and data sets;
- Structured thinking with ability to easily break down ambiguous problems and propose impactful solutions.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data is maintained in the data layer
- Utilizes a hypothesis-driven problem solving approach to assess, capture and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytic modules;
- Aids in the generation and maintenance of key metrics to support data quality and reporting;
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Supports the organization’s decision-making process through analysis, reporting, research and effective use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in statistics, engineering, math, applied physics, or business required.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Proven ability to collect and maintain datasets in a timely and accurate basis from source to product.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, shell scripting, and databases.
- Passion for creating Intelligent data pipelines that customers love to use.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong skills in Tableau or other data analytics/business intelligence software preferred.
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes.
- Experience mining data in financial industry and experience with logistics industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of ETL tools like SSIS, Talend, Alteryx is required.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work, but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. The successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as required.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Supplemental Benefits, 401K, HSA/FSA, Employee Discounts, Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay.