Mobile Truck Technician
Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI; and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
Location: Dearborn, MI
The mobile truck technician is responsible for inspecting and repairing trailers on our customer’s yard, or on the road. The ideal candidate will be able to interact with customers directly, will need to be self-motivated, and comfortable in decision making as the work required is generally done off site.
- Inspect and perform maintenance/repairs to Department of Transportation regulations.
- Weld aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon.
- Inspect/Repair air brake lines, couplers, tanks, valves, shoes, drums, pads and rotors; services, adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary.
- Inspect/Repair low voltage wiring couplers, harnesses, lights, batteries, and charging systems; services adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary.
- Inspect/Repair body and chassis rails, side-sheets, caps, doors, retainers, fasteners, floors and plates for damage or defect; performs metal and wood carpentry tasks to repair/replace; performs sheet metal and paint work to finish.
- Inspect/Repair operates, lubricates and repairs lift gate minor mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies.
- Works from a mobile service truck in all weather Interacts with GWLS customers- sells the mobile service.
- Mandatory 2+ years technician experience.
- Mandatory 2+ years mobile truck experience.
- Must have own set of hand tools.
- Valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation.
- Knowledge of flatbeds drop decks and dry vans, 12 volts, air systems, vapor systems Any certification a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate too loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, HSA/FSA, Employee Discounts, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.