Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI; and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Parts Coordinator to help the company drive positive growth in our Parts and Service Departments. This role will assist in inventory control by issuing parts to the mechanics on the shop floor, perform cycle and annual physical inventory counts. This person will also have the ability to fulfill parts requests from the service manager and walk in customers by researching, ordering, and receiving the necessary parts. This person will maintain existing customer relationships and build new ones by providing excellent customer service to our walk in customers.
This role is based in Houston, TX.
- Staff the front parts counter and process over the counter sales, receive payments through various methods and process correctly
- Deliver parts to customers occasionally as needed
- Shipping and receiving of packages and palletized product
- Process back counter requests from the service team. Ensuring all parts that go out to the shop floor make it onto repair orders, and get charged on the repair orders
- Monitor stock levels and make sure they are properly maintained
- Perform cycle counts and physical inventory counts as needed
- Previous inventory control experience
- Knowledge of trailer parts preferred
- Basic computer skills. (Proficient in MS office suite preferred)
- Experience in the use of a dealer management system (Karmak Fusion preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills especially applied toward customer follow up.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable networking within the company to learn and problem solve.
- High school diploma or GED; further education will be a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required with a clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to lift 75-100 lbs. This role will require the lifting of parts into trucks, onto shelves, moving from shelves to the back counter etc.
Work Environment This job operates in a shop setting. This person will also need to operate a forklift and or hand truck. GWLS will provide the training, and certification. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Salary: DOE + Comprehensive Benefits Package