Parts Inventory Manager
Great Western Leasing and Sales LLC (GWLS), based in Irvine, California, is a dynamic specialized semi-trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company currently has operations in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Dallas, Texas; Dearborn (Detroit), Michigan; Fontana (Los Angeles), California; Grants Pass, Oregon; Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and Salt Lake City, Utah. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Parts Inventory Manager for the establishment and consistent administration of Part’s policies and procedures to maximize return on investment by effectively managing inventories. The Parts Inventory Manager will focus on the management of stock levels, pricing, and procurement of Service and Parts inventory across the company’s branch locations. This role is part of a dynamic team that will utilize an individual’s interpersonal skills to engage company resources and effectively communicate opportunities to enhance the Service and Parts margin.
This is a high-impact, management level role reporting to the Sr. Director of Service and Parts that is accountable for:
- Successfully manage Parts inventories across the company’s operational branches to achieve defined financial and performance targets.
- Responsible for creating and analyzing data to determine stocking levels, pricing, and procurement of inventory that best aligns to the customer’s needs and company goals.
- Provides recommendations and conclusions from data, comfortable researching and creating performance reports based on trends.
- Develop, implement, and manage inventory controls creating policies and procedures.
- Actively manages cycle counts, investigate and approve adjustments, and develop new procedures to prevent future inventory gaps.
- Forecast Parts inventory orders based on current trends, economic conditions, and regional sales variations.
- Initiates and utilizes discounts with suppliers where appropriate.
- Collaborate and partner with Parts and Service Managers and teams in each branch providing support and gaining on the ground knowledge on Parts or Service sales, stocking, and issues.
- Works with the company’s flat organizational structure to gain support for new changes.
- Listens to team feedback and is resourceful in overcoming challenges with new solutions.
- Demonstrates flexibility and balanced judgement to meet targets and coordinate with the operational teams for execution.
- Proactively manage inventory data and Parts activities in Karmak, the company’s Dealer Management System (DMS) tool. Adapt to available technical tools to accomplish reporting and analysis requests, communicating improvements, and support new processes.
- Understands and ensures adherence to company and customer data policies.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to share knowledge, reporting, and other process improvements for companywide benefits.
- Consistently strive to exceed targets/expectations by:
- Communicating forecasted expectations and potential risks, and provide accurate feedback on the regional markets.
- Performing assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Self-reliant- using regional teams, experience, and resourcefulness to achieve targets.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Parts inventory operations.
- Solid analytical skills- experienced with data management and analysis.
- Customer-service oriented; Able to balance the revenue demands of the business with process efficiency and operational inventory impacts;
- Very strong inter-personal skills and ability to collaborate with Sales and Rental Managers, Service and Parts Managers, and executive leadership;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications. The ability to clearly communicate new processes over the phone and through written communication.
- Experience with DMS tools and software- comfortable inputting/extracting data into IT systems.
- Solid time management and analytical skills are necessary.
- Willingness and ability to drive or travel to regional locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work, but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. The successful applicant might be asked to perform other duties as required.
Salary: DOE + Competitive Benefits Package