Outside Service and Parts Sales Manager
Great Western Leasing and Sales LLC (GWLS), based in Irvine, California, is a dynamic specialized semi-trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company currently has operations in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Dallas, Texas; Dearborn (Detroit), Michigan; Fontana (Los Angeles), California; Grants Pass, Oregon; Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and Salt Lake City, Utah. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Sales Manager of Outside Service and Parts with a focus on procuring and managing new Service and Parts accounts. The Outside Sales Manager is responsible for developing relationships with customers through face to face meetings and ongoing communications, while representing the company’s core values and integrity. This role is part of a dynamic team that will utilize an individual’s interpersonal skills to engage customers and effectively communicate opportunities to enhance the Service and Parts revenue channel.
This is a high-impact, management level role reporting to the Sr. Director of Service and Parts that is accountable for:
- Effectively prospect new customers via phone, contacts, networking, and social media to identify new potential opportunities to meet company targets.
- Be resourceful in identifying potential customers and assisting them with Service and Parts needs.
- Be responsible for identifying new strategies to reach markets and new customers.
- Demonstrate good judgement and superior communication skills in working with customers to set achievable expectations and profitable deals.
- Routinely review existing customers for expanded Service and Parts opportunities.
- Proactively manage work activities in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Adapt to available technical tools communicating improvements and support new processes for customer and deal updates.
- Represent the company and its values at all times- acknowledging that all behavior reflects on the company and models adherence to all company procedures and policies.
- Work with fellow Outside Service and Parts Sales team to execute and provide feedback on a sales strategy that fosters goal achievement and scalable success.
- Consistently strive to exceed individual targets/expectations by:
- Communicating forecasted expectations and potential risks, and provide accurate feedback on the regional markets.
- Performing assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Self-reliant- using regional teams, experience, and resourcefulness to achieve targets.
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales, preferably outside sales.
- Proven Sales experience in the heavy duty truck and or trailer industry. Possess a strong mechanical working knowledge of trailers, a plus.
- Customer-service oriented; Able to balance the revenue demands of the business with process efficiency and operational impacts;
- Excellent customer service capability and strong communication skills. Strong inter-personal skills and ability to collaborate with Sales and Rental Managers, Service and Parts Managers, and executive leadership;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications. The ability to foster team work over the phone and through written communication.
- Experience with CRM tools and software- comfortable inputting data into IT systems.
- Solid time management and analytical skills are necessary.
- Ability to drive or travel to regional locations.
- Support the department’s decision-making process for non-standard deals by being prepared with analysis, data, and documented proposal points.
- Coordinate directly with Sr. Director of Service and Parts on non-standard quotes offered to customers and obtain appropriate approval.
- Collaborate with other Sales Managers and Senior Team of Directors from all departments to problem solve business challenges and improve sales operations.
- Effectively partner with Service and Parts teams by listening to operational needs, advising delivery instructions, stepping in to support part delivery as needed, and participation in annual inventory (if needed).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work, but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. The successful applicant might be asked to perform other duties as required.
Salary: Base + Commission
We offer a competitive benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, FSA, HSA, Employee discounts.