Service and Parts Assistant
Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently has operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI; and Salt Lake City, UT. GWLS is seeking expansion into other sites in its current footprint, as well as into other cities across the country.
GWLS currently seeks a well-qualified Service and Parts Assistant. This role will be responsible for assisting in any and all shop needs as deemed necessary by the Service and Parts mangers. Those duties will include staffing the back parts counter, parts delivery and pick up, general admin assistance, shop clean up, and performing state trailer inspections.
This role is based in Dallas, TX
- Pick up and deliver parts as needed.
- General administrative assistance such as mailing invoices, and data entry into back office system
- Process back counter requests from the service team. Ensuring all parts that go out to the shop floor make it onto repair orders in the back office system, and get charged on the repair orders
- Assist the Parts Manager in shipping and receiving goods
- General shop clean up, and labor help
- Perform state trailer inspections. GWLS will train and pay for certification.
- Prefer applicant has a CDL and can be used as a backup driver to pick up and deliver customer trailers
- Knowledge of trailer parts preferred
- Basic computer skills. (Proficient in MS office suite preferred)
- Experience in the use of a dealer management system (Karmak Fusion preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills especially applied toward customer follow up.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable networking within the company to learn and problem solve.
- Valid Driver’s License required with a clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to lift 75-100 lbs. This role will require the lifting of parts into trucks, onto shelves, moving from shelves to the back counter etc.
Work Environment This job operates in a shop setting. This person will also need to operate a forklift and or hand truck. GWLS will provide the training, and certification. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Bonuses, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Discounts, FSA/HSA.